The SC /ST Cell is created with a motto of educating the students of SC/ST categories about the government schemes, policies and programmes and to assist them in finding career opportunities. It aims to assist the students from the Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribe (ST) communities in improving their academic performance and optimizing their development in their personal and social life at the college.
The SC/ST Cell is constituted with the following members:
- T. R. Udaya Kumari, Assistant Professor of Tamil
- V. Karthik Nisha, Assistant Professor of History
- S. Sreelatha, Assistant Professor of English
- Vanitha, Office Staff
- Reshma Devi R. S., III B.Sc. Mathematics, Student member
- The objective of the SC/ST Cell is to ensure adequate representation to SC/STs in the matter of admission of students to various programmes in the institution.
- Monitor the implementation of the reservation policies of the Govt. of India and Govt. of Tamilnadu for the programmes in the affiliated colleges.
- To create awareness among the students and staff of SC-ST categories about various academic schemes meant for their welfare and upliftment.
- To ensure equal opportunities for the SC/ST students.
- To ensure there is no caste-based discrimination in the college.
- The SC/ST Cell functions as a Grievances Redress Cell for addressing the grievances of SC/ ST students of the Institution.
- To render necessary help in solving their academic, research as well as administrative problems.
- Ensure that Remedial coaching and personal counselling are given by departments to the SC/ST students.
Helpdesk numbers – 8300186363,9003720814