Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.- Charles W. Eliot
LIBRARIAN — Dr. S.R. SUDHAMBIKA, M.Sc, M.L.I.Sc, M.Phil, Ph.D
LIBRARY ASSISTANT — A.S. SRUTHI, B.E, MBA
- To acquire, organize and update the library collection to support teaching-learning process.
- Provide accessibility to information in a well – organized and coherent manner.
- To encourage students to read beyond the requirements of the curriculum.
- To work with faculty in integrating information skills, knowledge of information sources, and the use of technology in accessing information needed to strengthen their instruction, research and extension.
- To provide instruction and assistance in the effective use of learning E-resources / services.
- To incorporate the latest technology
- To adopt user friendly approach
- To offer services towards dissemination of knowledge
- To become the model library in the district.
- To serve as an e-resource centre.
- To enhance the collection of books and journals.
- To provide efficient dissemination of knowledge.
College Library Overview
To inculcate the spirit of continuous learning among students and enhance knowledge, our campus is equipped with a massive library.
Library at a glance
|Total No. of Books :
||24880 (https://loadb.org/ Link for Open access)
||Journals : 28
Magazines : 10
Tamil- 2 ,
||Computers for Students : 5
Computers for Staff : 5
Computers for Library operations : 01
||Digital Library – Link for Open Access-E-Resources
Sree Ayyappa College Library building was opened in February1995 by Sri. P.K. Narayana Panicker, former President, Nair Service Society. It spreads over an area of 329.581 sq.m, housing an Internet resource centre.
Technology Infrastructure — High-speed Wi-Fi and computer stations are available for research and online access.
Quiet Zones — Designated quiet study areas for students who prefer a focused environment. Group study rooms equipped with audio-visual facilities for collaborative projects.
- Book Collection: The library houses a vast collection of 24880 physical books covering various disciplines. Regular acquisitions and updates ensure relevance to current academic curriculum.
- Digital Resources: Extensive e-book collection accessible through the library’s online portal LIBSOFT. Subscriptions to academic databases, journals, and research repositories.
- N-List – INFLIBNET – Our college has N-list membership. It is under e-Shodh Sidhu (UGC e-consortium). The staff and students can access e-booksand e-journals freely through this site.
- NDL – National Digital Library – We have also membership with National Digital Library.
- Periodicals and Magazines: Subscriptions to leading magazines and periodicals catering to diverse interests. Current and archived issues available for research purposes.
4. Special Collections: Rare books, manuscripts, and special collections are preserved for historical and research purposes. Access to these collections is facilitated under controlled conditions.
Services: Library Events, Orientation classes, Awareness programmes are conducted.
- Library Staff- Approachable and knowledgeable staff available to assist students during library hours.
– Library orientation sessions for new students to familiarize them with resources.
2. User Feedback Mechanism:
– Systematic feedback mechanisms to assess user satisfaction and improve services.
– Responsive to suggestions for enhancing the overall library experience.
- N-List – INFLIBNET – Our college has N-list membership. It is under e-Shodh Sidhu (UGC e-consortium). The staff and students can access 31,35,000+ e-booksand 6,000+ e-journals freely through this site.
- NDL – National Digital Library – We have also membership with National Digital Library . The staff and students can refer this site freely to access ebooks and ejournals.
- CD – ROM’s / DVDs
- Software : Arokya library software
- Computers : 05
- Server with Internet connectivity : 01
- Printer : 02
- Barcode printer : 01
- Barcode scanner : 01
- UPS : 06
- TV : 01
- Circulation ( Issue, Return, Renewal)
- Access to e- books & e- journals
- Open Access system service
- Display of New arrivals of Books
- Internet facility for staff & students
- Reference service
- Referral service
- Reading room facility
- Newspaper clipping service
- Stock room Guiders service
- Previous year question papers
- Current Awareness service
- Journal index service
- Book bank facilities
- Printing facilities
- Library orientation program
- Career Guidance for students
LIBRARY SOFTWARE — Central library of Sree Ayyappa College For Women, installed “LIBSOFT” Library Software for Library Automation Services.
ELECTRONIC CIRCULATION — The Library implemented electronic circulation systems of book issue and return.
OPAC — One of the major attractions is its robust On-line Public Access Catalogue (OPAC). The OPAC has simple and advance facility with the minimum information of the item by using title, subject.
- Books are issued for 7 days and costly books are issued on overnight basis
- Reference books and periodicals are not issued out of library building
- Borrowers must satisfy themselves with the physical condition of books before borrowing
- Members are responsible for books issued against their even a lost ID Cards
- Issued books returned after due date attract overdue charges.
- Readers are not allowed to bring personal books or any printed materials and other personal belongings like bags, umbrellas, etc. inside the library. These materials are to be kept at the entrance. Readers are advised not to leave their precious and valuable items like money, passport, credit card etc. at the entrance counter
- Readers should not carry books from one rack to another and also leave the books on the reading table after use, library staff is only allowed to replace the books
- Readers should not write in, mark or otherwise disfigure /damage books and furniture etc.
- Librarian can recall any issued book even before the due date from any reader.
- In case, loss of ID card, the students should inform to librarian immediately to avoid misuse of the library books, more ever the student or staff have to apply for the duplicate ID card to make use of the library.
- The Library is closed on Sundays and other public holiday,